05 Apr Top 20 Attractions in Palm Beach County Florida
Top 20 Venues for Kids to Experience in Palm Beach County Florida
After you’ve checked out the homes for sale in the updated home listings page, you may want to learn more about the exciting adventures, entertainment, and learning experiences your kids will enjoy here in Palm Beach County.
When it comes to nature preserves, nothing beats South Florida. Flora, Fauna, and marine life galore. And you’re not far from Disneyworld to the north or the Everglade’s alligator farms to the south as well, so whether it’s nature or athletic fun, your children risk being spoiled. But isn’t that better than when they’re bored?
But hold on, your kids will be so busy with our exciting kids parks and venues here, they’ll be fully engaged with their new life in Palm Beach, Boca Raton or Wellington. Here’s a quick look at 20 unique and exciting venues that will keep your kids happy and starry eyed for a long time.
- Calypso Bay Waterpark – South Florida is warm and you’ll find kids like to gather at one of two major waterparks to cool down and have fun. This park has two 4 story high waterslides with sharp curves and bold dips and the 900 foot lazy river is fun and relaxing for the whole family.
- Rapids Water Park – This is the largest waterpark in the region. Your kids will be surfing, sliding and floating until they collapse in a happy state of exhaustion. This video says more than words ever will:
- Loggerhead Marine Center – This marine life preservation and rehabiliation center in Juno was created 30 years ago by a real estate agent who had a fondness for loggerhead turtles. Juno Beach is the top spot for nesting for these turtles. You and your kids will find the educational exhibits, aquariums, live sea turtles, and other coastal creatures fascinating. They may get to touch and hold some baby turtles. 300,000 visitors come here every year so it is popular.
- Manatee Lagoon – Florida’s most memorable and friendly creatures are the Manatees. Enjoy the exhibits, take a tour, and see plenty of wild manatees.
- Busch Wildlife Sanctuary – A fascinating one of a kind wildlife adventure is waiting near the Loxahatchee River. Along the nature trails, there trails are wildlife habitats exhibiting a variety of native animals from eagles to panthers, crocodiles, foxes, snakes, bears, and more. Vultures, foxes, falcons, and Florida black bears are just a few of the animals or birds on exhibit.
- Palm Beach Zoo – Not only can you and your kids get up close and personal with unique animals such as Capybaras, giant Tortoises, Sloths, Anteaters and more. There’s childrens workshops and camps. Children’s parties and school outings are held here.
- Sandoway House Nature Center – This center is on the beach in Del Ray. Is your child a future future botanists, biologists, oceanographers, marine biologists and researcher? They’ll enjoy the interactive educational exhibits and programs and the feeding of sharks, rays and alligators, along with other special events such as Sharkfrenzy.
- John D MacArthur State Beach – A genuine engagement with nature in this secluded, 438-acre park that features wildlife, nature walks, snorkelling & kayaking tours.
- Palm Beach Ice Works – You may have thought you left all winter sports behind, however this Olympic sized rink lets your hockey players and figure skaters a chance play and skate and cool off. Palm Beach Ice Works offers hockey programs for all levels and ages.
- South Florida Science Center and Aquarium – Located in West Palm Beach, the Science Center and Aquarium offers some fun programs such as Science on Tap, girl’s GEMS club, and Nights at the Museum will thrill the kids. Not to be outdone, the aquarium and planetarium are exceptional visual experiences.
- The Four Arts Children’s Library – Libraries have evolved and the Four Art’s offers offers free story time programs for preschool children, programs for school-aged children, Kindergarten and higher such as Pirate day, and even family programs.
- Lion Country Safari – located in West Palm Beach, this zoo was ranked 3rd in nation at one point, and is billed as the first drive through “cageless” zoo in the nation. As expected, your kids will be thrilled seeing and hearing 1,000 exotic animals including giraffes, rhinoceroses, zebras, lions and chimpanzees.
- Diva Duck Tours – The Diva Duck is an amphibious vehicle that transports groups on a guided tour of the West Palm Beach area. You’ll be splashing in and out of the water and see amazing places such as Donald Trump’s Mar a Lago resort and J.F. Kennedy Bomb Shelter.
- Lighthouse Cove Adventure Golf – No state does mini-golf better than Florida. And at the Lighthouse Cove, just steps from Cocoa Beach, your family will enjoy some creative golf holes in the Florida coastal nautical theme.
- Joey’s Outback Adventure – This interactive, indoor playground offers plenty of activities and games to let your kids burn off some energy and get carried away with fun. Kids camps and parties are held here frequently and there is a cafe.
- PlayMobil Funpark – If your kids are familiar with the popular Playmobil characters, then this 13,000 square feet park will make their dreams of knights, pirates, farms, police, fire rescues, and doll houses come true. It’s located in Palm Beach Gardens.
- McCarthy’s Wildlife Sanctuary – This sanctuary in a beautiful Florida ranch like setting is home to more than 200 animals provides tours and hands-on programs for kids. Have a quick look at it in this video:
- Sugar Sand Park – This 132 acre nature park for kids is location in beautiful Boca Raton FL. It offers very creative and educational classes, programs and camps for kids. It includes the Children’s Science Explorium and the Willow Theatre.
- Trampolining at Rockin Jump – Kids over 45” tall can jump to their heart’s content at this unique 8,000 sq ft. Indoor Trampoline Park. Games are dodgeball and basketball.
- Coconut Cove Waterpark & Community Center – And to keep it interesting, one more cool waterpark with 2 four story waterslides and an easy river. Conveniently located right in Boca Raton.
South Florida is for Families
Now you know why living in Palm Beach, Wellington, or Boca Raton is going to the experience of your lives. Combine all of this with beautiful communities, job opportunities for teens, sports, nature and recreation, and some of the nation’s best schools, financial advisors like St. James’s Place, and you’re giving your kids the best start in life possible. Other parents can only dream of having it this good.
Contact me now about homes for sale in Boca Raton and homes for sale in Palm Beach, along with listings in other communities. The sooner get into the mood of buying a home here in Palm Beach County, the closer you’ll be to giving your kids the best childhood possible.
I’m Michael Goldberg of United Realty Group here in Palm beach county. I’ve been through the relocation process myself and d like to be your Boca Raton Realtorhelping you find the luxury home in the beautiful cities of Boca Raton and Palm Beach.